ITSs are “technology schools” created in 2008 on the initiative of the Ministry of Education with the aim to offer advanced professional training courses to young graduates.
ITS MAKER was founded at the core of the mechanic and mechatronic technology hub of the Emilia-Romagna region, at the request of enterprises, local public bodies, schools and universities. Expertise, up-to-date curricula, attention to the personal and professional growth of our students, an ongoing dialogue with the world of enterprises: these are our values.
The post-secondary school courses are free of charge, except for an admission fee of €200. They last two years and are designed to meet the needs of students and local enterprises alike.
The Foundation is responsible for a variety of activities:
- Educational consultancy for young people towards technical jobs
- Analysis of the training and professional needs of local enterprises
- Designing and realizing advanced technical teaching programs
- Supporting graduates to work placement at the end of the course
- Refresher activities for teachers and trainers in scientific and technical-professional areas
The mission of the ITS MAKER Foundation consists in:
- Promoting and spreading technical and scientific culture
- Supporting the measures for economic development and active employment policies
Our primary goal is to ensure the formation of highly specialized professionals, who can meet the demand for professional workforce by strategic sectors of the economy.
ITS MAKER has its headquarters in Bologna, but offers courses in almost all the main cities of the Emilia-Romagna region.
The founders and current members of the Foundation are:
- 3 Universities
- 11 Technical Secondary Schools
- 6 Local Public Bodies
- 2 Research/Technology Transfer Centres
- 9 Training agencies
- 2 Board of Expert Technicians
- 48 enterprises of relevant industries, of different dimensions
The President is Ormes Corradini, an entrepreneur, the Chief Executive Officer of SCE Srl.
He is the legal representative of the foundation and presides over the Board of Directors, the Executive Board and the Assembly of Participants. He is currently the President of the Emilia-Romagna ITS Polytechnic School (Scuola Politecnica ITS Emilia-Romagna), the association that represents all the ITSs of the region.
The Executive Board of ITS MAKER is made up of five members:
- Ormes Corradini – President – SCE Srl
- Paola Lanzarini – Company representative – COESIA
- Ilenia Malavasi – Local authority representative – Reggio Emilia Province
- Elena Guidi – Training school representative – Istituto Industriale Superiore “L. Nobili” of Reggio Emilia
- Giovanni Corsini – Training agency Representative – IAL Innovazione Apprendimento Lavoro Srl Impresa Sociale
The Executive Board also includes permanent guests; among them
- Daniele Vacchi – Director of the ITS Maker Foundation (IMA Spa)
- Filippo Di Gregorio – Director of the Industrial Federation of Reggio Emilia
The Board of Directors of ITS MAKER is the body that sets and validates the essential direction of the Foundation. It is made up of 16 members representing enterprises, universities, secondary schools, local public bodies:
Ormes Corradini – President of ITS MAKER
Lorenza Carretti – BUCHER HYDRAULICS SPA (REGGIO EMILIA)
Claudio Lodi – LODI SPA (REGGIO EMILIA)
Enrico Sangiorgi – UNIVERSITY OF BOLOGNA
Alessandro Casappa – ITIS D’ARZO (REGGIO EMILIA)
Enrico Malagoli – MALAGOLI ALDEBRANDO SRL (Modena)
Giuseppe De Biasi – METROPOLITAN CITY OF BOLOGNA
Mauro Francia – MUNICIPALITY OF MODENA
Francesca Romana Giuliani – ITIS CORNI (MODENA)
Eugenio Dragoni – UNIVERSITY OF MODENA AND REGGIO EMILIA
Salvatore Grillo – ITIS ALDINI VALERIANI (BOLOGNA)
Brigida DeLeo – IMA SPA (BOLOGNA)
Barbara Bulgarelli – FONDAZIONE DEMOCENTER SIPE (MODENA)
Valentina Marchesini – MARCHESINI GROUP (BOLOGNA)
Alessandro Fantini – S.E.I. Elettronica srl (REGGIO EMILIA)
Federico Bogetti – CNH INDUSTRIAL Italia spa (MODENA)
The Auditor appointed by the Board of Directors is Remo Basini
The regional network
ITSs are organized on a regional system scale. The 7 ITS Foundations in the region are members of the Emilia-Romagna ITS Polytechnic School (Scuola Politecnica ITS Emilia-Romagna), whose president is Ormes Corradini (ITS MAKER).
For more information:
The Italian mechatronic ITS network
ITS MAKER belongs to the National Network of Technical Secondary Schools in the areas of mechanics and mechatronics.
The network consists of 12 ITSs that operate in the mechanic and mechatronic sectors across the country. They aim to exchange experiences and projects, and co-operate to keep improving ITS teaching practices and courses.