WHO WE ARE
ITSMAKER- The Higher Institute for Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanics and Packaging was formed in September 2013 as a result of the merger of the ITS Foundations of Bologna, Modena and Reggio Emilia. This newly-formed Foundation is the largest at a national level, and has become the hub of the Emilia-Romagna Region’s technology network focusing on mechanical engineering and mechatronics.
ITS institutes, are “technology schools” created by the Ministry of Education in 2008 with the aim of offering cutting-edge professional training to high-school graduates.
These two-year post high-school courses are free of charge except for a 200 Euro admission contribution and focus on empowerment by providing the up-to-date training required by the Region’s industrial network.
On the basis of a three year plan, the Foundation carries out the following actions:
- career advice on technical professions for young people;
- reconnaissance of training needs for the economic development of the local area, starting from company’s requirements for scientific, technological and organizational innovation;
- design and implementation of higher technical training courses relating to national reference professional figures;
- support in accompanying the newly-qualified young people into employment at the end of the training course;
- organization and implementation of refresher activities for teachers and trainers from scientific and technical-professional areas in the field of education and professional training;
- any other activity which corresponds to the guide lines of the regional plan referring to higher technical specialization.
The ITS MAKER Foundation was established in 2013 through the merging of the three ITS Foundations in Bologna, Modena, Reggio Emilia, with the addition of the Fornovo (PR) site in 2015. The ITS are technological schools which were set up thanks to an initiative of the Ministry of Education in 2008 to provide highly professional training courses for young school leavers. The two-year post-diploma courses are free of charge, apart from an admission fee, and respond to the needs of young people and to the training and professional requirements of local companies. The ITSMAKER Foundation has the task of promoting and disseminating the technical and scientific culture with the main aim of ensuring the training of highly specialized technicians, able to respond to the recruitment needs of the strategic sectors of our economy. The registered office is in Bologna but the Foundation operates in the four local branches of Bologna, Modena, Reggio Emilia and Fornovo Taro at a provincial level.
- Ormes Corradini – Presidente – SCE Srl
- Giovanni Corsini – rappresentante ente di formazione – IAL Innovazione Apprendimento Lavoro Srl Impresa Sociale
- Ilenia Malavasi – rappresentante ente locale – Provincia di Reggio Emilia
- Elena Guidi –rappresentante scuola – Istituto Industriale Superiore “L.Nobili” di Reggio Emilia
- Paola Lanzarini – rappresentante azienda – COESIA
- Luisa Braga – BUCHER HYDRAULICS S.p.A.
- Claudio Lodi – CIS Scuola per la gestione d’impresa
- Enrico Sangiorgi – UNIVERSITÀ DEGLI STUDI DI BOLOGNA
- Casappa Alessandro – ISTITUTO D’ISTRUZIONE SUPERIORE S.“D’ARZO” DI MONTECCHIO
- Enrico Malagoli – Malagoli Aldebrando Srl
- Giuseppe De Biasi – CITTA’ METROPOLITANA DI BOLOGNA
- Mauro Francia – COMUNE DI MODENA
- Francesca Romana Giuliani – ISTITUTO DI ISTRUZIONE SUPERIORE FERMO CORNI
- Eugenio Dragoni – UNIVERSITÀ DEGLI STUDI DI MODENA E REGGIO EMILIA
- Salvatore Grillo – ISTITUTO DI ISTRUZIONE SUPERIORE ALDINI VALERIANI- SIRANI
- Stefania Rossi – IMA S.P.A
- Massimo Pulvirenti – DEMOCENTER
- Barbara Bertolini – MARCHESINI GROUP
- Alessandro Fantini – S.E.I. Srl
- Federico Bogetti – CNH Industrial Italia S.p.A.
Dott.ssa Maddalena Suriani
Dott.ssa Federica Gherardi
Referente Sede Modena
Dott.ssa Federica Iotti
Referente Sede Reggio Emilia
Dott.ssa Chiara Tonelli
Referente di Sede Bologna
Dott.ssa Simona Beccarisi
Coordinatore e Tutor Sede Modena
Dott.ssa Emanuela Turrà
Tutor Sede Reggio Emilia
Dott.ssa Alessandra Pistilli
Coordinatore e Tutor Sede Fornovo Taro
Dott.ssa Giulia Carbognani
Coordinatore e Tutor Sede Fornovo Taro
THE REGIONAL NETWORK
THE REGIONAL NETWORK
The ITS are organized locally following a regional system logic. Of the numerous ITS present in Italy, 7 are in Emilia-Romagna and are part of the regional Polytechnic Network.
They design and conduct training courses in the following fields:
AMBIT OF COURSES
- Sustainable transport
- Mechanics, mechatronics, packaging
- New life technologies
- Landscape, energy, construction
- Creative industries
- Tourism and wellness
In particular, they aim to:
- disseminate a technical and scientific culture and orient young people towards the technical and technological professions in the sectors which characterize the economy of the single provinces
- design and offer higher technical training courses corresponding to national profiles
- promote integration amongst educational, training and employment systems
- support measures for innovation and the transfer of technologies to SMEs
THE ITALIAN MECHATRONIC ITS NETWORK
ITS Maker has signed a three-year Protocol agreement with 8 ITS Foundations from other regions which sets up the national Network of Higher Technical Institutes in the ambit of mechanics and mechatronics. This has led to coordination between the ITS for the exchange of experience and good practice and the drawing up of shared ideas and projects.
The other signatories are:
- Fondazione ITS Lombarda per le Nuove tecnologie Meccaniche e Meccatroniche di Sesto San Giovanni (MI)
- Fondazione ITS Nuove Tecnologie per il Made in Italy, comparto meccatronico di Vicenza
- Fondazione ITS Nuove Tecnologie per il Made in Italy, indirizzo per l’industria meccanica e aeronautica di Udine
- Fondazione ITS Umbria Nuove Tecnologie per il Made in Italy e Nuove Tecnologie della vita di Perugia
- Fondazione ITS Nuove Tecnologie per il Made in Italy, sistema meccanica di Lanciano (CH)
- Fondazione ITS Meccanica, Meccatronica ed Energia – ITS Cuccovillo di Bari
- Fondazione ITS Nuove tecnologie per il Made in Italy – “E. Mattei – E. Solvay” – Rosignano Marittimo (LI)
- Fondazione ITS Nuove tecnologie per il Made in Italy – “G. Capellini/N. Sauro” – La Spezia
The protocol identifies concrete collaboration methodologies amongst the signatories, including the sharing of didactic models and management tools, the participation in international mobility projects, common teacher training, the sharing of a common system of teacher and trainee assessment and the construction of synergies for the promotion of the ITS training program nationwide, as well as the strengthening of the knowledge of the ITS themselves as a training opportunity in the spectrum of the national educational system.